Lauren celebrated her birthday this past week and I can hardly believe that she is 2! I’m amazed every year at how quickly the time flies and how much each of our kids changes and grows.
Here’s a few slideshow pics from the extended family party we had for Miss Lauren.
Lauren had a great time but was a little under the weather with a bad cold, so she lived up to the whole “it’s my party and I can cry if I want to” song 🙂 Her brother was a big help with helping her open presents and even claimed the little doggie as his own, haha.
At 2 years old, Lauren:
* Loves to pick her own clothing out (multiple times a day!!)
* Is more outgoing than her brother was at this age but still probably more on the introverted side
* Loves to ride her new balance bike
* Is mostly potty trained (still pull-ups at nap and bedtime) with a few accidents here & there
* Still takes a nap most days but stays awake most nights til at least 9 because of it
* Still asks for a binky more than I’d like but I’m not quite ready to yank that away right before a new baby arrives
* Loves to pretend she is a dog or a cat many times each day
* Is our coloring book enthusiast of the family 🙂 She had one Wonder Pets coloring book that ended up having literally every square inch COVERED in crayon!
* Loves to talk about all her grandparents and extended family and even talks about one of her little girlfriends her age by name now, too
* Has moved into a twin bed (with railing on the side) and is sleeping under one of the quilts my mom made for me in 1999 🙂
We are so proud of our only girl and feel so blessed to have her as part of our family. I am confident she is going to be the BEST big sister in a few short months! She loves to grab my tummy and say, “I wanna touch Nolan… He’s MOVIN’!!”
Happy Birthday, sweet girl! We love you!