Occasionally I like to make a list of things that my kids are doing/saying at the moment just so I can remember it down the road. It’s ridiculous how fast time goes, and how quickly the little phases of cute things pass. So here goes – things I want to remember from this time right now:
– Lauren being obsessed with cats! We were over at her aunt & uncle’s house the other day and she spent a good two hours chasing around their two cats. In fact, she even started saying the word “cat” for the first time! 🙂 She also says “Dog” and is a big animal lover in general these days. (In the sequence below, she is searching for the cats around the tree, then under the tree, and finally petting little Bitsy.
– Looking in the rearview mirror of my car to see Liam literally stroking Lauren’s cheek when she was upset and saying, “It’s okay, sweetie girl. It’s okay. Brother’s here!”
– Lauren being a total foodie. She is CONSTANTLY using her “more” sign language and frantically signs for more as soon as she finishes a bite, haha. She’s also starting to say the word more also, although it sounds more like meh.
– Hearing Liam recite his “3 rules” from We Choose Virtues. I love hearing his little voice happily say, “Obey, Be Kind, and Be a HELPER!” He is so proud of himself and is doing a great job as we start learning about the different character virtues in the program. Check them out at http://www.wechoosevirtues.com! Here is one of the posters we bought from them:
– Liam is recently my little helper in the kitchen! Any time he sees me remotely NEAR any measuring cups or anything cooking-related, he pulls up a stool and asks, “Mom, can I help?” He is getting really good at helping measure things & pour them into batters & such.
So there’s just a few things that are tickling my fancy lately. It is such a joy to be a Mom and I am so thankful I get to spend my days with these kiddos!